/ jaebrysonblog ************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************

Rant. Muse. Eat. Sleep. Recycle.

Monday, May 15, 2006

I am outraged...

How long will this go on? The blogosphere is in a lather and so am I about Bush's latest lie. Just weeks ago he was assuring the nation that the only warrantless electronic surveillance going on was on suspected terrorists -- and THEN only if part of the conversation was overseas. Now, we find out that the NSA has been taking virtually ALL of our calls and putting them into a database for "calling patterns." This is KGB Russia; this is Nazi Germany-type stuff.

How does this evil idiot grin and make some people swallow this swill? I laughed when Renegade sent me a Photoshopped jpg of Bush getting a blowjob with the caption, "Now we can impeach him." But, I should have been crying. We are so far out of whack as a nation that a blowjob brings impeachment proceedings, while breaking the 4th Amendment (no unreasonable search or seizure), usurping Congress' powers to declare war (NOT the president's), sanctioned torture and illegal detainment and a baseless war that has killed an average of two Americans a day for three years doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Conservatives actually scare me right now. I admit to nothing conservative anymore, not even my taste in socks. Conservative is a bad word in my lexicon. I have to distance myself from people who support this idiot simply because he wipes his ass in the White House. I've seen squatters in old mansions, should I call them "squire" by virtue of their living space?

What scares me most about conservatives is how they support a man who has DEMONSTRATED NOTHING of their values. Living within one's means? Look at the national debt. Taking care of the homefront first? Peek in one of those 2,500 body bags from Iraq. Smaller government? Check out the latest GOP spending bill. Honesty? Whew, what to choose - WMD's, No Domestic Spying, In and Out of Iraq in a year... take your pick. Christian Values? Which torture center would you care to peruse? Indvidual rights to privacy? Three letters, NSA.

Conservatives, let me explain it in terms you can grasp.... your loathed Clinton? Pretend that he is your Commander In Chief because you have basically gotten as far away from your alleged core values as you can.

Honestly, Clinton pissed me off with his GOP welfare stuff and his racist continuation of the War on Drugs (begun by original racist Ronnie Reagan), but he threw some bones to the nation at large. Yes, the Predator software that was capable of tracking conversations was continued under his watch and I hated that, but that pales in comparison to this. Bushies will use this information for political gain. I promise you.

And, I will forever blame conservatives for giving away the country.


link | posted by Jae at 5:34 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Arielle commented at 10:32 PM~  

Hey Olive,

Thanks for the quote, I appreciate it.

Blogger Frank Partisan commented at 12:37 AM~  

What can you say, when you have Venezuela, offering heating oil to the poor of the USA and Europe?

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela